The Founders of Johnson & Wales University
Morris “Mo” Gaebe and Edward Triangolo purchased Johnson & Wales School of Business from founders Gertrude Johnson and Mary Wales in 1947. The duo led the school in a variety of capacities for decades, transforming it into a junior college, then college, and finally into an accredited university. The University honored both of the men with the creation of over life-size sculptures in their likenesses. They are located in the main quad of the Providence campus and serve as a constant reminder of the University’s history and ideals.