The Beth Israel Hospital School of Nursing (1918 to 1967) accumulated over one thousand graduates. The Nurses Alumnae Association was active in the field providing educational programming, recruitment, and scholarships until its closure in 2016. To commemorate the School, the Association, and the alumnae, the Association desired to commission a relief plaque and chose to work with Skylight Studios to realize their goal. The final sculpture depicts a nurse in the traditional uniform of Beth Israel walking down the steps at the old entrance to the hospital. It is located in the Feldberg Lobby at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.